Share
Go down
avatar
Sath
MG
MG
Posts : 1583
realm_3
Réputation : 62

Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

Re: Visual Aspect

on Wed 10 Jun 2009, 09:50
one thing that would make the intro more sexy .. would be to remove the cinematic borders ( human castle stuff)

eg:

i think the actual black texture used for the game is usable for this.

btw the border of the portrait can be 100% alpha then all would fit perfectly Smile


and one thing i was thinking about since a while , i think its really change the aspect from the Usual war3 color scheme for players:



the bad side of this is that it make PINGS colors a bit wierd to identify as the players dont show colors in multiboard or chat ..
a column on the multiboard with a colored char like * would solve it Smile

* * * * * * *

....................
avatar
s3rius
LTG
LTG
Posts : 1931
realm_3
Réputation : 55

Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Re: Visual Aspect

on Wed 10 Jun 2009, 17:22
That'd look like this:


But also brings some side effects with it:

(No borders, slightly transparent button borders)
Doesn't look too shabby, though.

I can't make the portrait's borders 100% alpha if I don't want to edit and reimport it (if I only had unlimited file size ..)

....................
Anime is a prime example of why two nukes just weren't enough
Way to go, America!
avatar
Die_Plz
MSG
MSG
Posts : 111
realm_1
Réputation : 1
Regist Date : 2009-05-26

Re: Visual Aspect

on Wed 10 Jun 2009, 18:45
frikken looks awesome Razz
avatar
Sath
MG
MG
Posts : 1583
realm_3
Réputation : 62

Regist Date : 2005-07-15
http://dotd6.net

Re: Visual Aspect

on Wed 10 Jun 2009, 19:21
s3rius wrote:That'd look like this:
[ ... ]
Already tested . cool , That looks very nice =)

s3rius wrote:But also brings some side effects with it:
[ ... ]
That don't annoy me i don't use much that menu ^^ , i suppose that also alpha the Quest tabs etc.. ??

s3rius wrote:I can't make the portrait's borders 100% alpha if I don't want to edit and reimport it (if I only had unlimited file size ..)
I don't remember the override restrictions about textures path , but there is a small alpha texture in the editor .

....................
avatar
IA-Firestarter
MSG
MSG
Posts : 92
realm_1
Réputation : 1

Regist Date : 2009-05-30

Re: Visual Aspect

on Wed 10 Jun 2009, 19:26
s3rius wrote:That'd look like this:


But also brings some side effects with it:

(No borders, slightly transparent button borders)
Doesn't look too shabby, though.

I can't make the portrait's borders 100% alpha if I don't want to edit and reimport it (if I only had unlimited file size ..)

Will you be making a new starting scene?? I want to find out whats happening so far.. so could you introduce me into the beta map?
avatar
IA-Firestarter
MSG
MSG
Posts : 92
realm_1
Réputation : 1

Regist Date : 2009-05-30

Re: Visual Aspect

on Wed 10 Jun 2009, 19:27
To tell you the truth, I'v helped alot of people with beta maps.. I don't know if you guys know that I play dota but I used to help out Icefrog in the creation of the maps... as far as the beta map and items... but anyways I hardly play dota as I used to so... I'm all DOTD! lol
avatar
s3rius
LTG
LTG
Posts : 1931
realm_3
Réputation : 55

Regist Date : 2006-02-11

Re: Visual Aspect

on Wed 10 Jun 2009, 19:35
DarkSath wrote:
That don't annoy me i don't use much that menu ^^ , i suppose that also alpha the Quest tabs etc.. ??
Yes, for all menues.

DarkSath wrote:
I don't remember the override restrictions about textures path , but there is a small alpha texture in the editor .
It's not a problem to override it, but it'd take up space since I'd have to change the texture and reimporte it.

IA-Firestarter wrote:
Will you be making a new starting scene?? I want to find out whats happening so far.. so could you introduce me into the beta map?
The two SRT teams not enter by train, but use a helicopter and land on a designated landing zone. Apart from this I haven't changed the beginning's story.

I will do a beta test today. Probably in about 2-3 hours. If you're online, then visit our channel in Europe.

....................
Anime is a prime example of why two nukes just weren't enough
Way to go, America!
avatar
IA-Firestarter
MSG
MSG
Posts : 92
realm_1
Réputation : 1

Regist Date : 2009-05-30

Re: Visual Aspect

on Wed 10 Jun 2009, 19:38
s3rius wrote:
DarkSath wrote:
That don't annoy me i don't use much that menu ^^ , i suppose that also alpha the Quest tabs etc.. ??
Yes, for all menues.

DarkSath wrote:
I don't remember the override restrictions about textures path , but there is a small alpha texture in the editor .
It's not a problem to override it, but it'd take up space since I'd have to change the texture and reimporte it.

IA-Firestarter wrote:
Will you be making a new starting scene?? I want to find out whats happening so far.. so could you introduce me into the beta map?
The two SRT teams not enter by train, but use a helicopter and land on a designated landing zone. Apart from this I haven't changed the beginning's story.

I will do a beta test today. Probably in about 2-3 hours. If you're online, then visit our channel in Europe.

@ beginning scene, You know how there is a helicopter pad above the fenced "base", after you take col. white there... Couldn't you use that so.. you have two options to either go west or east of the map... to make it fun.


@ Beta test, what channel in europe?
avatar
Mishotaki
BG
BG
Posts : 1033
realm_1
Réputation : 23

Regist Date : 2006-09-23

Re: Visual Aspect

on Wed 10 Jun 2009, 20:00
IA-Firestarter wrote:@ Beta test, what channel in europe?

....................
avatar
IA-Firestarter
MSG
MSG
Posts : 92
realm_1
Réputation : 1

Regist Date : 2009-05-30

Re: Visual Aspect

on Wed 10 Jun 2009, 21:26
Mishotaki wrote:
IA-Firestarter wrote:@ Beta test, what channel in europe?

lol ty
Sponsored content

Re: Visual Aspect

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum